E3.70 spark plugs or Pilot Nitrode SP-NP29

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
go motorcraft...nothing wrong with staying with oem for that

OP
OP
C

CAM2

Reaction score
But I'm looking for something a bit better then stock. Better fuel economy, performance and life span.
I had E3's in my sleds, they were better then stock NGK's. Some of my friends have them in their mowers, snowblowers etc..., they seem to like them. I don't personally know of anybody that have tried or even heard of Pilot Nitrode's. Just trying to get some input from people that have purchased/used them. I really don't want to use the OEM ones that fail and also break when removing them.

Last edited:

69Hcode

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I put E3's in my SVT Focus. They where the only ones in stock at Oreilly's for my car and had a trip to California the next day. At first the idle seemed a little ruff. Might not have been the plugs because it went away on the trip. They seemed fine and mileage didn't seem to change any until I sold the car.

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
how long do u want them to last??? i changed mine right before the 100K mark and that was after 8yrs...i didnt need to then but i knew the 100K mile maintenance was coming so i got them done...are u looking for longer than 100K?

Slick07

Reaction score
To the OP, I have been running the E3.70's in my 07 Navi for the last year. I have better throttle response and acceleration compared to the stock plugs. only a slight improvement in economy. I changed to the E3.70's for one reason and that was to ease changing the plugs next (solid one piece construction), plus I got them off of amazon for less than the Motorcraft. I was lucky and non broke when I changed them out in January.

However, I will say that when towing my 28' TT over a 7-8% grade the motor responded very well to the increased burn properties of the E3's. I was able to go over the hill at 40 mph and only broke 2500 rpm once with 6900 lbs. in tow and the whole Fam Damily loaded up too. I think it was near 13K GCWR. BTW, the local stealership recommended the two piece plugs as replacement.

01yellerCobra

Full Access Members
Reaction score
To the OP, I have been running the E3.70's in my 07 Navi for the last year. I have better throttle response and acceleration compared to the stock plugs. only a slight improvement in economy. I changed to the E3.70's for one reason and that was to ease changing the plugs next (solid one piece construction), plus I got them off of amazon for less than the Motorcraft. I was lucky and non broke when I changed them out in January.

However, I will say that when towing my 28' TT over a 7-8% grade the motor responded very well to the increased burn properties of the E3's. I was able to go over the hill at 40 mph and only broke 2500 rpm once with 6900 lbs. in tow and the whole Fam Damily loaded up too. I think it was near 13K GCWR. BTW, the local stealership recommended the two piece plugs as replacement.

How many miles were on the stock plugs though? I swapped the originals out at 50k and they made a noticable difference. Ford rates the plugs for 100k, but both sets I've seen at 50k were done.

IMO a lot of performance increase people see are from going with new plugs.

OP
OP
C

CAM2

Reaction score

Thank you for the detailed info. That was exactly what I was looking for. I also had heard that the E3's were a one piece design, as opposed to the stock Motorcraft's. Thanks for definitely selling me on them.