Engine codes help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ACEXPY

Reaction score
P1132 and P1152
2000 5.4
Lots of places telling me what it means but not what is cause.

20190131_171809.jpg

Yupster Dog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Could be a number of things I would do easy checks first. Check and clean MAF sensor, check fuel pressure on the rail. check all vacuum hoses that they are properly connected and not leaking.

OP
OP
ACEXPY

ACEXPY

Reaction score
Could be a number of things I would do easy checks first. Check and clean MAF sensor, check fuel pressure on the rail. check all vacuum hoses that they are properly connected and not leaking.
New within 5,000 miles maf sensor, new intake manifod within last 5,000 miles as well as spark plugs. So will start with fuel rail pressure? And search for vacuum leak.

uscgmac

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Get a OBD2 reader with live data. Check your fuel trim values instead of chasing it blind. The live data will tell you alot.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

uscgmac

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Also do a smoke test.

OP
OP
ACEXPY

ACEXPY

Reaction score
Get a OBD2 reader with live data. Check your fuel trim values instead of chasing it blind. The live data will tell you alot.

Think my scanner does live data. So you driive with it plugged in? What will trim value tell me?

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Fuel trims can tell you if your running fat or lean. Most of the wacky reading's can be traced to a vacuum leak from a hose, or fitting. Like an old school carburetor, your ideally shooting for a 14.7 ratio for your fuel. Rarely ever hits that #, but you want to get as close as possible to get your SUV running at top efficiency.

Sent from my N9131 using Tapatalk

uscgmac

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Short term and long term fuel trims on bank 1 and bank 2. The long and short term ranges should be close to zero. They will fluctuate between plus and minus 1 or 2% from zero. The long term fuel trim should also be near 0. If your short term is near zero and your long term is around 25% then your running lean and possibly a vacuum leak. Short term will be high initially but then will zero out due to O2 sensors compensating to get back to the 14.7 to 1 ratio but.long.term fuel trims will remain high. You just need to be ideling to see this.