Engine codes help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

uscgmac

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Warm it up so it's in closed loop. Should see fuel system 1 C/L. Then check fuel system 1 fuel bank 1 end 2 short and long term trims.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

TobyU

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I would check the wiring and connector for that sensor.
I have had them pop an instant code when the wires were pulled out or defective O2 sensor.

rjdelp7

2000 XLT
Reaction score
The O2 sensor has a heater, to help it when cold. It could be bad. A leaky fuel injector, will dump excess fuel. Is it hard to start?

Yupster Dog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
From the pictures it looks like just a spot is burnt and the wire is good on both sides of the burnt spot..
It"s possible that the wire was grounding out and that's all. I would first try, solder splice same gauge wire back in with weather proof heat shrink (the heat shrink with glue inside) to seal it. Cheap fix if it works and defiantly worth a try because you can't hurt it anymore than it already was.

Yupster Dog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
You made me go check where my wire was. lol Mine is run in front of the intake. I guess when your intake got put in the wire got pushed to the back. Also if you splice the wire, when you cut it check inside for separate insulated wires inside and treat accordingly if there is.

TobyU

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I can't tell if that's a wire or one of the vacuum hoses. Ford's have a lot of that cream colored vacuum line. You can use various sources like air shock tubing or other small plastic to hook it together or if you have a little nub that's good you can take tiny windshield washer line and go over the outside two-piece in place of a bad spot.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sharprd65