Exhaust manifold gasket

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
First off using a little anti sieze on the threads is insurance for you or next guy to be able to get nuts, or studs off without galling, or breaking. As far as warping an Exaust manifold, if you start with a flat, non cracked manifold, and torque it to factory specs, both for correct foot pounds, as well as sequence, you should be fine. You always install transmission pan gaskets either totally dry, or some like a little grease to hold on. But never silicone or sealer. Just a small amount of Rtv sealant that makes its way inside of your trans can be catastrophic. When I do trans work, I always throw away the cork gasket, and buy a separate rubber one. I've never had a leak that way. You can snug up a rubber gasket without issue. Nothing worse than doing a job twice, due to leaks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shabadoo

Reaction score
Check out Remflex. This past weekend I installed one on the driver side to fix a really bad exhaust leak I had. They worked great for me and I've seen nothing but good about them. They're thicker than traditional gaskets to help account for imperfections and warpage. They say don't use any kind of gasket material with them though. There is the possibility it could burn off and cause a leak. Going to install the other one on the passenger side when I get the time. Here is their website if you want it: http://catalog.remflex.com/