Exhaust / Muffler options for 08 Expedition?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

a7xbass94

Reaction score
I am looking to upgrade the exhaust system on my 2008 Expedition Eddie Bauer 5.4. In the past, I had a Flowmaster Super 44 muffler on my 01 Expo 5.4 and loved it. I want a system that sounds really good, is pretty loud, but not obnoxious on the interior.

My old Expo had 4 catalytic converters and a big resonator, so the sound was muffled, but I see no resonator and I don't think I have that many cats on my 08, so I think it will be louder.

I am currently leaning towards a Flowmaster 40 Series Delta Flow, but am open for any and all suggestions! Not looking to spend a huge chunk of money, but am open to looking at Catbacks and other muffler options. All of your input is appreciated! I can't find many videos of 07-13 5.4 Expeditions on youtube, or F150s that aren't running these systems without true duals.

Reaction score
interested in this as well, I got a 05 Expy, not sure if we are in the same gen, but its pretty close if anything, im looking at a flowmaster as well but I hate that they rust out after awhile. had a 80 series on my firebird that pretty must rusted from the inside out so im hesitant to get one. they sound alright, and fords seem to sound so much better with flowmasters for some reason compared to a lot of GMs.

ExpoJo

Reaction score
Flowmaster

Im pretty sure I have the Flowmaster 40 on my 04' 5.4 and it sounds pretty beefy, however I used stock pipe and location due to space so its a single in single out, I want to find a way to do dual pipes out both sides so it will sound better/louder... if you want just a little beef the single in single out on stock pipe location will be enough.