Expected center vent temp for a 07' EL

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Metallicats

Reaction score
First and foremost,
I've been a long time lurker but this is my first post. We owned a 02' Expedition that gave us absolutely no problems but I still browsed this site for info while performing maintenance or aftermarket installs and always found the info I was looking for. Such a great forum.
Unfortunately, the 02 Expetition and my 99 Blazer were totaled by a drunk driver while parked on our street back in November. Since then though, we have purchased an 03 Expedition for my wife and a 07 Expedition EL for myself.

Anyone know what the expected center vent temp is for a 2007 EL? I've tested mine in as low as 60° ambient and most recently, 96° ambient. My center vent temp seems to constantly read a low of 44° while driving and 48° idle (50° at idle while in gear) regardless of ambient temp. It's almost like 44° is the lowest the system will allow.

What I've done so far:
Cleaned out the condenser (externally)
Recovered 1.8 lbs
Replaced a leaky high side Schrader valve
Vacuumed and leak checked
Charged 2.0 lbs
Read a low of 38psi on the low side with a 76° ambient temp at time of charging.

So is 44° the absolutely lowest it can go? Don't get me wrong, it's cold and gets the job done but it's a far cry from the 33° my 99 blazer blew and the 38 my wife's 03 expedition reads at idle with an ambient temp of 81°.

Thanks for any input in advance,
James

Last edited:

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edyk1986