Expedition delivery from Ky

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mbrutt

Reaction score
My expedition has been ready for shipmemt from Ky shipping yard since 6/22 to Ohio dealer
does anybody know of anybody I can check with about why it has do shipped.
Ford tells dealer that it will ship within week, then gets pushed back every week
Not sure Ford knows where truck is
Ford has been no help, if anyone has contact for shipping company please let me know

Deadman

Full Access Members
Reaction score
It probably got flooded in last weeks Kentucky flooding. nice that its been parked outside for months...

balthisar

Full Access Members
Reaction score
If Ford is saying ready to ship, then it's still in Ford's hands, and hasn't been passed to the shipping company yet.

There are a lot of us in the same boat. Chip hold from March to April, then from April my 100% completed unit sat there until someone finally decided it could ship in mid July. Once it was in the shipping company's hands, it arrived at the dealership the same day. Literally, the same day. It's only five hours from KTP to SE Michigan. Of course, uhm, your mileage will vary according to where your dealer is at due to distance and type of shipping (rail or convoy).

And just in case you didn't take Deadman's comments as tongue-in-cheek, the Louisville area isn't impacted by the recent flooding. My truck arrived flawlessly except the engine compartment was dusty and there was some dust on the lower corners of the doors where the hem flanges don't meet.

Quandary

Reaction score
I had a Cadillac CT5-V Blackwing, Raven (black) on order. Was built Jan 6 and sat outside in the shippers lot through the Detroit winter. Finally cancelled the order at the end of May. No way I was taking a $100k black car that has been sitting out in the snow, sleet, hail, rain for 5 months. Dealer finally got the car in July.

I understand production delays do to parts shortages. However the inability to get a vehicle thats built delivered? That's inexcusable.

DMM_78

Reaction score
Mine was ready for shipment on 5/31. It was delivered to the dealer on August 9. The dealer was in Detroit.

OP
OP
M

mbrutt

Reaction score
Based on the Expedtion owner from Detroit, I should have delivery sometime the first part of September , mine was released for delivery 6/22
Good luck and congratulations on you new Expedition

CGalex

Reaction score
Does anyone know on ordertrack.app site if the ESTIMATED TIME IN STATUS is how long they think it "WILL BE" in current status or how long they think it "HAS BEEN" in that status?

country girl

Reaction score
Based on the Expedtion owner from Detroit, I should have delivery sometime the first part of September , mine was released for delivery 6/22
Good luck and congratulations on you new Expedition
Good luck!! Mine has been ready to ship since 5/29---still not here!! I'm not a fan of my vehicle sitting outside!! I live in central IL, NOT that far from Louisville!!