Expediton upgrades

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chris23971

Reaction score
So i bought my 99 expediton in october and after putting in a good amount of work into it( new alternator, sway bars, wheel bearings, spark plugs and new exhaust manifold is going in this weekend) well ive decided to give it some new toys. First im planning on putting bf goodrich all terrains on it(Oppinons?)
Then i want to put a brush gaurd on it, although i was wondering if i could even install it if i dont have tow hooks( now if i replace my valance bumber with one that has tow hook holes will it mount?)
And last please give me cheap ideas for a decent small suspension lift kit( im only looking for a 3in to 5in lift)

If i could get replys to this id be greatful!!! Thanks!

(Also i plan to go to wellsville to go mudding soon)

Thermo

technical advisor
Reaction score
Chris, as for the brush guard, if you change out the valance, the holes are still in the frame, you will just have to bolt the brush guard on at that point. easy.

As for the tires you ask about, can't help you there. I went from the Goodyears to some Kelleys, then over to TRXUS MT's.

As for a cheap suspension lift that is 3-5" in size, that doesn't exist. You are going to spend right around $2000 for a lift. Plain and simple. There is no real way around it. If you are lucky, you will find someone that is selling a used kit that you can pick up for cheap. But, those are few and far between.

If you want to know more, let me know. I will tell you what will and will not fit on your truck. I have pushed the expy out to its limits with a 4" lift and 37" tires (if you are pondering this, TALK TO ME FIRST!!!!!!!, not a simple bolt on a few things and you are done).

1997SCEBFEX

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Welcome aboard Chris.
Regrets on helping w/ your mods, but will offer I'm on my 2nd set of Michelin LTX/MSs. I think you're going something more apt for off-roading by your lift desires.

Show us a pic or two when you have a chance.

PanHandler.

daoud el-massri

Full Access Members
Reaction score
About your lift u can go on the net and look for a 2inch lift for coil springs or do as I did and bot new springs I paid 450.00 for me spring now she sit a little higher than stock in the back . The springs add two inches of lift in the back now I am going to install a two spacer block on top of any the springs install two inch torck keys in front. You can go to budget boost area fat jobs garage.com

daoud el-massri

Full Access Members
Reaction score
About your lift u can go on the net and look for a 2inch lift for coil springs or do as I did and bot new springs I paid 450.00 for me spring now she sit a little higher than stock in the back . springs add two inches of lift in the back now I am going to install a two spacer block on top of any the springs install two inch torck keys in front. You can go to budget boost area fat jobs garage.com . This cost is 426.58good luck

daoud el-massri

Full Access Members
Reaction score
About your lift u can go on the net and look for a 2inch lift for coil springs or do as I did and bot new springs I paid 450.00 for me spring now she sit a little higher than stock in the back . springs add two inches of lift in the back now I am going to install a two spacer block on top of any the springs install two inch torck keys in front. You can go to budget boost area fat jobs garage.com . This cost is 426.58good luck