Expy #3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mmart

Reaction score
What’s up everyone, just wanted to share with a group of likeminded individuals. This past weekend I picked up my 3rd Expedition, this time it’s a 2016 Limited. I’m excited of course but it’s a tad bittersweet as I had to part with my 2010 EB, but unfortunately (although it served me well) it took a beaten from me and I just couldn’t justify spending the money for the critical repairs and still have a bunch of little nuisance fixes that still needed to be done.
Before the 2010, I had a 2001 XLT, I had to give up with that truck because beach driving and NE winters basically ate away at it, I’m sure it had 1000’s of miles left in it but the body work would’ve been costly.
I just can’t seem to find a vehicle that fits my lifestyle as perfectly as these do so I’m happy to say I’m still part of the community and hope to be for many more years.

I appreciate the wealth of knowledge on the site, I consume more info than I contribute because these trucks have treated me well but I’ll be reading up on this model in more detail just to know what to be looking for.

IMG_4824.jpeg

tacoduck

Reaction score
Good looking rig at a good price. We still miss our black 2017 expo with tan interior.

OP
OP
M

Mmart

Reaction score
Good looking rig at a good price. We still miss our black 2017 expo with tan interior.

Thanks, and happy to say I got another $2K knocked off that sticker price AND still got a 3yr warranty.

You will certainly appreciate the increased power as well as mileage over the 2010.

The dealership I found this at is just under 40 miles from home, my appreciatiaton already started just on the ride home! My wife has an eco boost in her 2013 Taurus so it’s not my first experience with one but the truck feels a little angrier which makes me grin.
It’s snowing here for the 2nd time in a few days, might be time to go do some doughnuts lol!

Utah Driver

Reaction score
I have a 16' Platinum. Outside of the recalls, which cost nothing, the only thing that I've had to replace in 8yrs is the TPS and the spark plugs (which I replaced myself). Still has original brakes. I've been doing 6,000 mile oil changes.

Attachments

• 20231231_155203.jpg
    20231231_155203.jpg
    144.5 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
OP
OP
M

Mmart

Reaction score
I’m looking into the recalls to see if there’s record of them being completed. From the little I’ve read into it I’m seeing info about the blower motor, what else was recalled on this model year?
Maybe my internet search skills are not as good as I thought or I’m just using the wrong key words.

GlennSullivan

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I’m looking into the recalls to see if there’s record of them being completed. From the little I’ve read into it I’m seeing info about the blower motor, what else was recalled on this model year?
Maybe my internet search skills are not as good as I thought or I’m just using the wrong key words.
Plug the VIN number in here. It will tell you recalls for that particular vehicle. It will also indicate if the recall work has been performed.

Last edited:

GlennSullivan

Full Access Members
Reaction score
If you scroll down you will see some + signs on the right. you can see complaints that were recorded on this year. Keep in mind that Ford has what they refer to as Manufacturer Customer Satisfaction Program. These will not show up under recalls, but will show up if you have a ford dealer run your VIN in their OASIS system.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tifanydire