Extended warranty

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Got my 2020 limited with 15k on it. This is probably the most bells and whistles I’ve ever had on a car so I have never gone for an extended before.

Any feedback? Worth it? Do the Ford one or 3rd party?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

aggiegrad05

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Got my 2020 limited with 15k on it. This is probably the most bells and whistles I’ve ever had on a car so I have never gone for an extended before.

Any feedback? Worth it? Do the Ford one or 3rd party?

Use the search box and search the 4th gen forum for “extended warranty”...you’ll find at least 5 threads about the benefits, costs, good places to buy, etc.

Good luck with the vehicle, I’ve had my 2018 for almost 3 years now and love it.

mcb345

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Agreed with previous post. But yes, I’d highly recommend if you plan to keep it past 36k miles and Id say go with Ford warranty. Just over $2k should get you 8-10 years total of bumper to bumper.

fothco

Reaction score
My Ext Warranty on /13 ExpeeMax cost $3800.00 Can . Glad we had it ; over 5 years it paid for itself . Plus the peace of mind when AC , stories abound , and Power windows fail , and frnt ends need service etc . But , still one fine vehicle . Skiers need an SUV to navigate through blizzards , My 5.4 V 8 pulls our 23' RV . Family of 8 sits easily with rear seats , etc . If only Ford would have solved the paint blisters on tail gate ! Ugly . fothco in BC

10sne1

Reaction score
Search Flood for esp warranty for fair pricing. Dealers can price as they wish and you can shop multiple dealers for Best Buy.

KSC 2019 XLT

Reaction score
Flood and Anderson & Koch Ford have the best prices I can find then Zeigler Ford and then Lombard. I eventually bought from Zeigler after I called them and the rep gave me a quote that included a discount if paid in full (Zeigler offer free 6 or 12 months financing, this is not the Paypal Credit) and it beat Flood and Anderson & Koch Ford by $50. Prices are supppose to go up 1/6/21 so I bought today.

OP
OP
J
Reaction score
Flood and Anderson & Koch Ford have the best prices I can find then Zeigler Ford and then Lombard. I eventually bought from Zeigler after I called them and the rep gave me a quote that included a discount if paid in full (Zeigler offer free 6 or 12 months financing, this is not the Paypal Credit) and it beat Flood and Anderson & Koch Ford by $50. Prices are supppose to go up 1/6/21 so I bought today.

Can you share the price and terms you got?

mwl001

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I had a warranty from Ziegler on my Explorer. Nothing wrong with the others but they treated me well and were quick to refund the remainder when I traded in. Also beat competitors by $50.

KSC 2019 XLT

Reaction score
Can you share the price and terms you got?

8 year/125k mile/$100 deductible for $2200 plus $105 for bulb coverage for $2305 total paid in full. The $2200 was $250 off the online price of $2450. Flood and A & K were $2250 so Zeigler beat it by $50. Again this was after I called and spoke to them.

OP
OP
J
Reaction score
8 year/125k mile/$100 deductible for $2200 plus $105 for bulb coverage for $2305 total paid in full. The $2200 was $250 off the online price of $2450. Flood and A & K were $2250 so Zeigler beat it by $50. Again this was after I called and spoke to them.

I can’t find Zigler anywhere online. That’s a great deal. Link?