Extra Fuse Box and iSimple Tranzit AUX input installed *pics*

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Yoop33

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Installed on 2004 EB

I recently bought the iSpimple Tranzit AUX unit to play streaming music from my phone cause I was sick of the radio. After I saw the Blue Sea Fuse Box that was available, I decided to buy one to help clean up my extra accessory wiring inside the truck and under the hood. Installation for both was pretty straight forward. Just make sure you have the right tools before hand.
Ive added some pics and links to hopefully help anyone that wants to add either, or both!

iSimple Tranzit AUX input Unit (video explains the uses of unit. Not me in this video)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y1tFntRXYg4

Blue Sea Fuse Box
http://www.defender.com/product.jsp?path=-1|328|296553|336270&id=336189
Picked up at my local West Marine because they price matched for me.

I started out by taking apart the dash and center counsel. Pretty easy task as they are only held in by a couple screws and just pop off after unplugging any cables/ wires. The dash needed a little more TLC to get off so have some patience. Once everything is off and out, there is plenty off room to play with and makes me wonder why I dont have a 10" touch screen in the dash. (soon to come)

The radio was held in by 2 obvious screws which needed to be removed to plug in the Antenna adapter (marked by the bright orange cable) I simply plugged in the Tranzit adapter to this, ran the wires down and reinstalled the radio as you will no longer need to get back there. You could probably reinstall the dash at this point depending on where you decide to mount the iSimple Plug Plate.
2011-03-18104549.jpg

Next I cleaned out all the wires I had from other accessories from under the hood and in the pic. I have an air horn, a radar detector and now this. I found a great place to mount the Fuse Box which conveniently lines up perfectly with the two screw holes already there. **the screws are too short so make sure to get longer ones if you plan on using this location. While the fuse box fits perfectly in this location with no cover, with the cover on it is just a tad big and will need to be modified to fit right.**
2011-03-20182709.jpg
2011-03-20183036.jpg
2011-03-20182738.jpg

Next I ran Ground and Power wires directly from the battery, through the firewall and to the unit. I also attached the Tranzit wiring but did not connect the fuse. Once everything was connected power wise, I removed the back panel/ plate from the center counsel removed earlier. I drilled holes large enough to use the provided iSimple Tranzit Plug Plate and then installed the wires for the plugs. Next was testing time. I turned the unit on and tuned the radio to the specified station listed on the Tranzit unit. I plugged in my phone and cranked the volume. I used the gain on the Tranzit to decide where the AUX volume should be compared to the radio volume.
2011-03-20204809.jpg
**Make sure the AUX is OFF when listening to other regular FM stations as it causes distortion when ON**

After getting everything to sound right, I cleaned up the wires some more, reinstalled the panel to the center counsel and put back into position.
2011-03-20210613.jpg
2011-03-20210627.jpg

Everything went back together well and looks pretty good.
2011-03-20210936.jpg
2011-03-20212119.jpg
I also reinstalled my radar detector notification/ mute box which is in the middle of the dash.

All in all I am pretty happy with the unit and SUPER happy about the fuse box. I am always adding and removing accessories to my vehicles and this makes it much easier to do that in a clean and safe fashion.
The Tranzit unit looks great and does exactly what its supposed to. I wish the quality was a little better as even FM stations sound better, but I guess for free wireless streaming music to my phone and into an after market set up, I cant really complain.
I used my Android Device for Pandora, Slacker Radio and even YouTube and all sounded pretty good coming out the truck speakers. I would assume it also works for calls.
I plan on using all the extra space in the dash and counsel to add an Android Tablet for music, internet, YouTube, Movies, GPS/ Maps, and more and these two added pieces will make that much easier.

As for the Blue Sea Systems Fuse box.... Its a MUST HAVE for anyone wanting to add accessories to their vehicle. The fuse box I have can hold 6 accessories while they also make a 12 Fuse unit. It seriously cleaned up a lot of wires and connectors and looks like a professional job.

Thanks for reading and message me if you have any questions. I hope this is able to help at least 1 person. :)

panda24619

Full Access Members
Reaction score
i bought a bus bar from them so i can add my off road lights with out having to hope the wiring was enough, which it most likely is i just wanted to make sure. but a fuse box i was tempted about. i know how they work so i just got a busbar so its always hot and grounded on both sides. and soon ill put my kcs and hellas on my roof connected to the busbar. as for blue sea. they make the best stuff i think! always going to buy their stuff for fuel blocks or bus bars. i got the 5/16 bar. http://bluesea.com/category/9/35/productline/186 it works great. i got power to it and its grounded on my seat. it is also under my center console. ill post pics once im all done!