F150 rims

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
How much are you guys willing to drop on craigslisted rims?

I catch myself sometimes looking them up, but keep talking myself into keeping my steelies because replacing tires or wheels on that setup is ridiculously cheap.... keep seeing takeoff sets of 4 steelies or small ugly rims and new/newish brand name all terrain tires for $120-150 --- per SET ---- since all the kids buying base models and upgrading wheels keeps the used market in a perpetual state of oversupply

Then again....a decent looking set of 17's with same sizing as stock would solve the looks without sacrificing the unbeatable price of replacing tires with takeoffs...

PS I do know there is no way in HELL i'd pay more than $500 even for a sweeeeet set of rims with high end newish tires, though...since that's what I spent on takeoff 18's for my bimmer when I got tired of replacing those thin rubber band tires on the 19's. No way am I paying more than I dropped on new Made-in-EU ronal/bmw rims with Made-in-Japan Bridgestone runflats

Last edited:
OP
OP

2007Limited

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I'm looking to keep in the $500 range, which makes it difficult. Especially since I'm trying to stay with 20s. I just bought a new set of Dullers and want to put them on the new rims I get. Seems like anything priced in the 400-500 range goes extremely quick and the used rim shops want $300 and change to match what I have on now.

bloodhound

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I don't remember what I paid for the F-150 Platinum wheels, but it was a lot. They were new take-offs that then got powder coated black. Somewhere around $1200 for the set.

OP
OP

2007Limited

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Now to add another twist, I found someone selling the same chrome rims that are on my truck now for $200. I would rather get the FX4 rims and change the looks of my truck, but I'm thinking that I might be able to pick these up switch out the damaged wheel and then sell them to a used rim shop and get my money back.