Factory Fog Lamp Retrofit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

z168

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Finally had the chance to buy the lower front bumper and foglamps to retrofit into my 2000 XLT as mine didnt have fog lamps.

if anyone has any input with regard to wiring or bracket issues please feel free to chime in. I will post pictures of the install once I receive it

:cool::cool::cool:

OP
OP
Z

z168

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Arrived more than a week ago. Finally got it installed.
cf6cc625.jpg
b7acbdaa.jpg

Lamps are made by DEPO. wanted to go the OEM route but only there are no oem clear fog lamps to match my oem clear headlamps. Also found out the fog lamps are prewired (woot:D) and I probably just need to buy the correct switch with the foglamp option.

However I wanted the foglamps to stay ON even when I flick the high beams. So I ordered a separate harness which I will wire separately

Last edited:
OP
OP
Z

z168

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Thanks! but I still need to power it up. So I hope the harness gets in this week...

OP
OP
Z

z168

Full Access Members
Reaction score
got the harness yesterday and spent a good amount of time in the garage. anyway here it is

Park ON, Fog ON, Headlamp OFF
7bd56970.jpg
e7bc649e.jpg

Park ON, Fog ON, Headlamp ON
1661276f.jpg
4f8ccdd2.jpg

so now I can flick my high beams and the foglamps wont be affected. I couldve used the factory harness to rig the fogs but I decided to keep it clean so I installed a custom one and left the factory harness alone

and I went with yellow bulbs for the fog lamps :)

Last edited:

dennisspeaks

Reaction score
foglights

Now thatr is nice, just what I have been looking to do. where did you find the lower bumper and depot foglights?

OP
OP
Z

z168

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Now thatr is nice, just what I have been looking to do. where did you find the lower bumper and depot foglights?

Thanks! they were both from ebay. lamps were about $100. lower trim was about $80.

ca7b830c.jpg

Last edited:

uschaz

Reaction score
fog light switch

When I bought my 01 Eddy Expo last year it has the fog lights but no way to turn them on. The switch does not pull out and the little decal is not present. Could it be as easy as replacing the switch with a pull out option for the fog lights??

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jessiev