Factory NAV updates for '06 Expy

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

infideltarget

Reaction score
I need to find the newest updates for my wife's factory NAV in her '06 limited. Ford dealer is a joke. No luck on fleabay. Anyone have any they wanna sell, or know how to ummm...."create" a set? Any help is appreciated. :D

EDIT: She is currently STILL using the '06 set...so anything newer would be helpful (i.e. '08,'09,'10) if cheap enuff.

Last edited:

rvbuilder2002

Reaction score
One way is to buy from www.navigation.com

We could use an update for our 2004 (still using the original disks), but considering the $199 cost, I think I will just get an aftermarket portable unit.
The popular ones are much more user friendly than the factory Nav. unit (the one we have in our 2004 Expy anyway) and we can then take the portable with us when we travel for use in rentals, etc.

My research shows that everyone seems to sell updates for about the same price.

OP
OP
infideltarget

infideltarget

Reaction score
I considered a new unit, but we have all the stuff on the vehicle (steering wheel controls, rear dvd, cd changer, back up sensors, etc...etc...) and everything I have read says you have to have an adapter for each of those things, and you may still lose functionality of some, and prices get up around $1k by the time all is said and done....too much. I want to keep all that stuff. We paid for it, and dont want to not be able to use it. I cant even FIND the update discs. My Ford dealer looks at me like "huh?" when I ask, and Ford online doesnt even list them. For anything. Had a prtable stick-on unit...worked ok, just hate having that thing stuck on the window. Hate to depend on the cell phone (DROID) nav, although it does a good job.

Last edited:
OP
OP
infideltarget

infideltarget

Reaction score
OK...got the link to work. I looked there previously, and all it said was to ask Ford. I see them now. Thank you!

Still interested if anyone has a used set cheap, or knows how to make a set.

ExpyBillD

Reaction score
Just picked up a 2007 EL Limited and the GPS no longer works as I get an "invalid CD" message. Given the cost to get an updated cd, Ver 9 I think is out, at $200, I'll stick with my portable Madgellan which has lifetime upgrades!