Falken Rocky Mountain ATS

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JDMitchell

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Size; 285/75/16 with no rubbing so far at stock height

First impression:

I love em' they are fairly quiet on the road (I will post more detailed info on this once I remove my LOUD roof basket)

I took em out yesterday and they were absolutely great in the mud. On road manners were very nice since they are a load range D tire so there isn't any sidewall rollover like with the Firestones that came on it.

Check out my pics in the show and tell forum.

OP
OP
JDMitchell

JDMitchell

Full Access Members
Reaction score
1000 mile update:

I took my roof basket off the other day to get rid of the wind noise, and these tires are nearly as quiet as a total street tire. They have very good road manners and I still haven't balanced them and they are completely smooth until 70 when there is a small vibration. The only thing that remains to be seen is tread wear, but they are a 50,000 mile tire so they should last a good long while.

Last edited:
OP
OP
JDMitchell

JDMitchell

Full Access Members
Reaction score
My drive to work this morning included sleet and rain and the roads were fairly slick and these tires performed flawlessly at highway speeds. I run my pressure at 36 psi and they ride very nicely with very little road noise.

I also added four ounces per tire of balancing beads [ http://counteractbalancing.com/ ] and now these tires are smooth as silk.

For the price ($599 after a $50 rebate) I don't think these tires can be beat.

Sierra Lima1470

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Holy crap $599! Thats awesome! I'll have to remember those next time I get new tires. Which won't be for a very long time since I just bought tires in November. Michelin tires are SO expensive.

OP
OP
JDMitchell

JDMitchell

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I only buy Michelins for my motorcycle since they want to much money for their truck tires. For the money Falken, Nitto, Kumho, and Hankook make great tires. This is my first set of Falkens but I really like em so far. If they last more than 40,000 miles I will defienently be buying them again.

Last edited:

jacks3am

Full Access Members
Reaction score
it costed me 450 for 2 michelins.... theyre nice but these are definetly a good value

Sierra Lima1470

Full Access Members
Reaction score
it cost me around 1300 dollars for 4 Michelin LTX2 Mud and Snow tires, move the one of the old LTX's to replace the old spare tire, and a balance. That sure hurt.

jacks3am

Full Access Members
Reaction score
you got ltx at/2's? yeah theyre EXPENSIVE! saw these falkens in store, and yes they are monsters

turtlejoe

Reaction score
I'm setting up my son's Grand Cherokee, and these are the tires that will be going on. Great tread, great reviews, super price. Thanks for the review - it just kind of sealed the deal!