Finish has peeled off door trim... fix or replace?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cb540

Reaction score
The black finish has peeled off the trim on the top of the driver door. This same trim piece is constantly coming loose on the passenger side but hasnt peeled.

I was surprised to find it's chrome underneath. It peeled off over time like plasti dip or something coming off..

It's god awful putting your arm out the window on a sunny day lol. Is there a way to re finish these things or should I just get a replacement?

20170127_124844.jpg

20170127_124854.jpg

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yours came with the chrome and someone turned it black...unless u find cheap on ebay...it's $400 part...mine is peeling and needs to be replaced...I'm just going to have all this sills painted to match truck when I get it painted

Mr. 10K

OP
OP
C

cb540

Reaction score
Damn, $400 is crazy!! I bought this vehicle from my dad a couple years back, it was a factory ordered vehicle and IIRC it was black from the factory unless its been repaired/replaced at some point and I don't remember. I guess it's getting painted then, not worth the $400 at all to replace it, the buttons still work *knocks on wood*

reece146

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think a lot of factory vehicles have chrome trim that was coated at the factory.

My 2001 Jeep Cherokee has black trim that is now UV damaged and peeling and revealing chrome underneath.

scoot0073

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I painted mine flat black spray can and it's been 2 years now and it isn't coming off ..
And mine was chrome

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk