Fixna install the Wheelskins Steering wheel cover

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ydopen

Full Access Members
Reaction score
at 220k miles the top of my steering wheel is starting to show much wear. I got the Wheelskins Eurotone Oak/Sand. By there website i think the colors will match my interior pretty good? I have never operated a needle and thread so this looks interesting, I will post pics as soon as i get it on. If it doesnt get thrown in my burn pot after 5 minutes of wrestling:suicide:

Last edited:

Scottandtyson210

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Very easy to do, I have installed several over the years, what i learned is to wrap your thumb with a towel or something soft cause bushing that big needle through over and over again kills your finger.

DF5.4

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I wore my Mechanix Wear gloves to put mine on. Just don't be afraid to pull the lace tight.

OP
OP
ydopen

ydopen

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Well I got it stiched on, Not a big deal if u like playn with cars and trucks but i can see where it would frustrate others. I had to go back and tighten up around the bars on the left side, there is a little slack in the material around the bars but not bad, i tried to pull it tight the whole time but some spots were tougher than others

2012-01-15_11-43-39_836.jpg

2012-01-15_11-43-54_275.jpg

Kvou812

Reaction score
Here's mine:

Before...looks ok, but leather was wearing out at the top of the steering wheel
DSC05286.jpg

and after... Sand is the color I used. You can request free color samples from wheelskins.com. You can buy the covers there but you can get them significantly cheaper on ebay.
DSC05294.jpg