Flex fuel pump change out

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

69charged

Reaction score
hello all. I am in the middle of changing out the fuel pump in my 11 navigator, and have the new and old pump side by side. The new spectra pump is different, but everywhere I look online says it’s this part number for a flex fuel. We’re things updated or is this actually the wrong one? Any help would be appreciated as I need this thing on a daily basis.
Thanks
Clarence

867011CC-9A0B-4CB3-A962-10C71E4684C6.jpeg

OP
OP

69charged

Reaction score
After further investigation, it appears that someone along the way decided to maybe put a short wheelbase pump in. For a 119”. Why they are different I have no idea. I do know that they are different part numbers, but never knew the difference why. This physically shows the difference for anyone who cares to know. The spectra pump that looks like the one I took out is listed for a 119”. So I’ll go ahead and install this new one, and hope for the best!!
Clarence

OP
OP

69charged

Reaction score
Well, got it installed and everything seems fine. We will see in the morning when I try start it cold. It had some weird symptoms and finally got it diagnosed as a weak fuel pump.