Flowmaster 40 Series

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

John Major

Reaction score
Newbie here. Just installed a Flowmaster 40 Series muffler (love it!) and I wanted to know if I need to reprogram or reset the computer to work well with it. What do you think. Thanks!

JUST4FUN

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
no need to reprogram your puter but , the king programer lives here... Matt aka. green03

OP
OP
J

John Major

Reaction score
cool! In that case, i need sum suggestions to get more ponies out of this behemoth. without having to kill my wife first of course.:) Or the other way around.

AvroAero

Full Access Members
Reaction score
What year and displacement do you have? Most of the time an intake exhaust and tune is the standard performance setup without dumping hard bucks into it. If your 03 you'll benefit big from a tune.

OP
OP
J

John Major

Reaction score
I've got the '03 5.4L engine. Do I need to do anymore to the exhaust other than the Flowmaster? High flow cats, etc? And what is the recommended intake plus tune to do?

AvroAero

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Your in luck, talk to green03 here. He has a tune for the 03s that is very noticeable I hear. Hi flow cats I wouldn't worry about. The flowmaster probably didn't do anything for power, just sound. If you want more power get a cat back, or get yourself some headers and have a custom made exhaust done from the headers back. Generally custom jobs aren't more expensive. Those two should do pretty good, you can add an intake if you want.

These trucks have 4 cats FYI. But I've seen ones go on ebay for 60 bucks so 250 will get you 4 flowmaster cats.

OP
OP
J

John Major

Reaction score
Where are you Green03? Come to my rescue please. Before I go spend money stupidly. Sent u a pm by the way but please post your answers here so others may see. Thanks!

green03

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Send you a PM.... I hate the fact we don't get emails from this forum anymore..... I forget to check in.....
Matt R