Fluid Film

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

oldpaddy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Anyone know anything about it?

One of the mechanics at my wife's work recommended it. I have a '14 Expy limited and I live very close to the ocean, plus I beach drive. Rust is always a problem.

Thanks

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I love the stuff and swear by it. Never dries and leaves a fluid film as it says and it’s laonin based (wool fur oil). I spray my undercarriage with it does great at protection from salt and moisture. It keeps oxygen from reacting with the metal effectively haulting the corrosion process.

OP
OP
oldpaddy

oldpaddy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I love the stuff and swear by it. Never dries and leaves a fluid film as it says and it’s laonin based (wool fur oil). I spray my undercarriage with it does great at protection from salt and moisture. It keeps oxygen from reacting with the metal effectively haulting the corrosion process.
I want to do my expy and my wifes new explorer. How much should I use per car and how often?

Black

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Is this a DIY coating or something a shop needs to do.
We have lots of Salt and that nasty Salt Brine liquid that seems to eat undercarriages alive no matter how quickly you get it washed after the stuff is off the road.

How frequently does it need to be reapplied?

Muddy Bean

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Lots of posts on this already but fluid film and Krown are the top rust control methods right now in the U.S. I’m personally a Krown huh and have had my Expedition krowned already.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Frank Wilson

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Is this a DIY coating or something a shop needs to do.
We have lots of Salt and that nasty Salt Brine liquid that seems to eat undercarriages alive no matter how quickly you get it washed after the stuff is off the road.

How frequently does it need to be reapplied?

Lowes carries the spray cans. I used 5 or so cans the first time. Soaked inside of rockers and most of underside. I overdid it. I've used 3 cans twice a year since. It works extremely well.

sesmith

Reaction score
Here in central NY's rust belt, I do my 2007 twice a year, in the fall before winter and again in the spring. It's said that most of the rusting actually takes place when it's warmer, the reason I hit it again in the spring.

We got our 2007 a couple of years ago. It was a rust free vehicle from south Jersey when we bought it, and still is.

It takes a little over a half gallon of fluid film to do it. The first time I did it, I removed the inner fenders, so I could get behind them, and also did the inner bottoms of the doors through the door drains. I did that only the first time. I have the kit that has the rust proofing gun and all the attachments. It also has a small 360 degree hose that attaches to the 12 oz spray cans (perfect for getting into the doors without drilling holes). I use the big 360 degree hose on the rust proofing gun to get into all the frame rails, hitch frame, and into the rockers and radiator support. I also make sure I get the rear cooling / ac hoses underneath the vehicle, and transmission lines, brake lines, transmission pan, oil pan, etc. I drop the spare down to make sure I get everything coated. I pressure wash the underneath of the vehicle the day before I do the rustproofing touch up.

Cars really fall apart here from rust. So far, really impressed with fluid film. Wish I found out about it many cars ago.

Plati

Reaction score
Here in central NY's rust belt, I do my 2007 twice a year, in the fall before winter and again in the spring. ......
I watched the video on the FluidFilm website
https://www.fluid-film.com/automotive-applications/
& my question is --- are there any businesses in Upstate NY that will do my 2014EL? It looks like its over my head. Can I hire you do do my Expo? Cans are OK but
Seems like an easy to start business ... the AMERICAN WAY!!

Last edited:
OP
OP
oldpaddy

oldpaddy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
My wife talked to the guys at her shop and they recommended nh undercoating. They charge $265, but he's going to charge me $250/car if my wife and both get it done. Says it lasts about a year. I like to beach ride and the roads get salted during winter. I'm going to do it.

Muddy Bean

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Remember most rocker panel and door panel rust starts from the inside. Krown actually drills holes in all of your body panels, removes your tail lights and sprays inside all holes and behind the lights. Sprays the frame inside the frame, engine compartment etc. super effective. If you use fluid film, it might be wise to drill similar holes and soak the inside of your body panels with the stuff to help displace moisture buildup at the bottom of all body panels.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jefes_Shyt