Folding Mirrors Again ??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

svfetter

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Come On Guys. Surely there is someone who has done this on a 2007 or later Expedition which didn't originally have them.

I understand about the differences in wiring if the truck did not come with folding mirrors but with the proper switch in the door. I would think you would only need to add a power source to the proper circuit on the door switch and then the mirror.

Anyone ???????

montecarlo31

Full Access Members
Reaction score
you've posted this request on a few forums, if you search you will find all you need to know and then some.

OP
OP
S

svfetter

Full Access Members
Reaction score
you've posted this request on a few forums, if you search you will find all you need to know and then some.

Yes, I am continuning to search but have not found specific information about making this change on a late model Expedition. I have searched extensively. Lately I saw someone say that everything from 2007 on has the wiring harness for the folding mirrors. Don't know if this is really true.

I don't think that information on earlier styles of Expeditions or F150s is comparable as they have different wiring.

If anyone has a link for this on a 2007 or later Expy it would be appreciated. Mine is a 2011.

OP
OP
S

svfetter

Full Access Members
Reaction score
In Follow up to my last post - The referenced link does provide a basic way to add the folding feature, but it is not one I will pursue. I prefer to go the factory route. That link states that the process will not work by buying and installing the factory switch. That is correct. But it can be done with the factory switch.

Earlier trucks used a special relay to power the mirrors which is still available, and the only way to really add this option using factory parts. In the newer trucks the relay function has been replaced by components in the power distribution module.

Relay -8C3Z-14N089-A
Switch - 7L1Z-17B676-AA

There are several locations on line which show how to wire when doing a search on the relay. Hope this helps anyone trying to add this feature.

Ref - http://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1381841-adding-power-fold-mirrors.html

Last edited: