Ford 5.4L V8 Triton Engine problem.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tenis

Reaction score
Hi y'all, maybe someone with experience could give me an advice what to do. I gave my Expedition 2006 that started choaking with no power to the mechanic and he end up replacing for new heads camshafts, chain phasers etc. I think only thing that was not changed was solenoids. Engine was running fine at first, but then in some 30km light showed up with these errors (see picture attached) He later confessed that the heads where from a 2-year newer model and that was the reason he had to buy new sparkplugs. the old ones didn't fit... Could it be that the heads are the problem? Something slightly off and it messes with the timing? He's now suggesting putting the old ones back on, but they require additional work to get them in shape.

He says the timing has to be positioned right. has opened the engine like 3 times now and checked...

Attachments

• received_527709682526571.jpeg
    received_527709682526571.jpeg
    132.6 KB · Views: 10

2020FordRaptor

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Hi y'all, maybe someone with experience could give me an advice what to do. I gave my Expedition 2006 that started choaking with no power to the mechanic and he end up replacing for new heads camshafts, chain phasers etc. I think only thing that was not changed was solenoids. Engine was running fine at first, but then in some 30km light showed up with these errors (see picture attached) He later confessed that the heads where from a 2-year newer model and that was the reason he had to buy new sparkplugs. the old ones didn't fit... Could it be that the heads are the problem? Something slightly off and it messes with the timing? He's now suggesting putting the old ones back on, but they require additional work to get them in shape.

He says the timing has to be positioned right. has opened the engine like 3 times now and checked...
Is there anything else he isn't confessing? Take it back to him and ask for a refund. That is horrible. If he had to change the plugs I assume the head would be different.