Ford Expedition has water leaking in second row after a rainy day help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

xsacta

Reaction score
Ford Expedition has water leaking in second row after a rainy day help this is by the second row passenger side vents ? any ideas will help
Car has moon roof, roof racks
only happen after rain
2016 for expedition platinum 60,000

Hamfisted

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Pull the cargo racks off the roof, especially on that side, and inspect for rust holes. If you find any you can wire brush the rust away and patch the hole with JB Weld then touch up paint. Expedition roofs are famous for their rust holes.

99WhiteC5Coupe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Ford Expedition has water leaking in second row after a rainy day help this is by the second row passenger side vents ? any ideas will help
Car has moon roof, roof racks
only happen after rain
2016 for expedition platinum 60,000

I’d check the four drains on the sunroof to determine if one or more is clogged, causing water to overflow into the headliner / upper vent area.

Ryan L

Reaction score
I’d check the four drains on the sunroof to determine if one or more is clogged, causing water to overflow into the headliner / upper vent area.
I only knew about 2 drains - the obvious ones at the front corners. Where are the other 2? Can they also be snaked with trimmer line?

jimz

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Do you run rear A/C on high/coldest setting? Mine would sweat on outside and at vents during high humid days. I turned A/C back, warmer, for rear and colder from front vents, balancing air flow. Now no humidity problems.

OP
OP
xsacta

xsacta

Reaction score
Ok I check water not going down how to get it to work any advise

OP
OP
xsacta

xsacta

Reaction score
Help now the second and the third row vent not throwing any air ??

99WhiteC5Coupe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Help now the second and the third row vent not throwing any air ??

The second and third row (overhead) vents will not blow air when the HVAC panel is set to the floor or heat position (even if the temperature control is set to the coolest setting).