Ford expedition thunder svt

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bowesmobile

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Its a nice SUV. Too bad they scrapped it. Of course you can build your own. Just get a wrecked Lightning, right?

BIGRED03

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Wow, great article would not that be treat? A supercharger! Hmmm.. I wonder If there are any 5.4 supercharged crate engines laying around needing a home. I saw a totaled F-150 with the 3.5 Eco-boost twin turbo installed. I was thinking what a fine engine for my Expy that would be.
My luck is Ford will offer that 3.5 engine next year as an option for the Expy after I just bought my new one. Well if rates are still low and I wait to the year end model clearance maybe I can make it work, or not. I did look hard at the Hybrid Tahoe just too much premium for that package. What would be perfect would be a diesel option I would buy one today! Hello, Ford what happened to that 4.5 diesel that you where working on? Fuel prices certainly justify it now. Just let us get a Gulf of Mexico Hurricane I will be forced back in my diesel Jeep all of the time.

OP
OP

215Expedition

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I think if they would have kept it around many would have sold. And there are ways to turn a 1st gen into one, just lower it, get a set of replica rims, take the step bar off and the door molding (idk if that would leave holes or if they are glued on) and change the front bumper. then of course a supercharger!!!!!!!

BIGRED03

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Yeah me too, I really thought Ford missed the boat with not offering a HD Expedition. 10 years ago I know I would have bought one when I trailering my HD's cross country every spring. The EB did just fine though.

JTKustoms

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I really wish they built the thunder. The lightning is one of my favorite vehicles of all time, so if they put that into an expedition it would be awesome.

OP
OP

215Expedition

Full Access Members
Reaction score
A friend of mine worked at ford in the late 90s and early 2000s and said the built only a few and let some employees get them.

1997SCEBFEX

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I really wish they built the thunder. The lightning is one of my favorite vehicles of all time, so if they put that into an expedition it would be awesome.

Probably ranks up there with putting the diesel in the EXPYs too; not sure the demand, nor market share would have supported it.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sharprd65