Ford finally fixed all of the crazy issues they caused with Sync 3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chuck s

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Chesterfield, VA (that's south of Richmond, y'all)
3.4.23188 and NA 2.22 both show as available via CyanLabs Sync Updater 2.12.2.0. 2.22 maps are STILL a year out of date based on the maps in my pair of Garmin GPS units

Downloading these now for installation in my 2017 which has 3.4.22110 and NA 2.21. When I look for "maps only" all I get is NA 2.21.

Anyone know if the CyanLabs update still wipes all the trip data, saved phone numbers, etc? I'd like some newer maps but hate the hassle of starting from Zero.

-- Chuck

Mr Big

Full Access Members
Reaction score
3.4.23188 and NA 2.22 both show as available via CyanLabs Sync Updater 2.12.2.0. 2.22 maps are STILL a year out of date based on the maps in my pair of Garmin GPS units

Downloading these now for installation in my 2017 which has 3.4.22110 and NA 2.21. When I look for "maps only" all I get is NA 2.21.

Anyone know if the CyanLabs update still wipes all the trip data, saved phone numbers, etc? I'd like some newer maps but hate the hassle of starting from Zero.

-- Chuck
If you use them to upgrade to the latest firmware, there is a chance a full factory reset or downgrade, then install requirement will happen. I did lose all settings, stations, stored numbers, trip data, etc. But for me it was worth it.

Rob6805

Full Access Members
Reaction score

-- Chuck
FYI. Garman does not do the maps for Sync 3. Telenav does. When I did the 3.4.23118 update a few days ago after I download the USB files I clicked on the check for map updates button on the Ford website. It took me to a different page where I had to input my VIN again and it told me I had a complementary Nav update available. I downloaded that and now I am on NA 2 22. ( from 2 21). The Nav took almost an hour to install.

chuck s

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Chesterfield, VA (that's south of Richmond, y'all)
Only pointing out the Garmin maps picked up the new traffic roundabouts within months of their completion while it took a year or more for the Sync maps to show them. "Turn left at the stop sign" is a little confusing when there is no stop sigh and there a roundabout where it used to be and "Take the third exit" is more appropriate.

County opened another one a couple miles from here a couple weeks ago. Will see how quickly the Garmins (I have two) pick it up. Sync will show them in 2024 or 2025 only if I want to have my system reset and lose all my saved data. No question while there's a Garmin on top of my dash right over Sync.

-- Chuck

Rob6805

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Only pointing out the Garmin maps picked up the new traffic roundabouts within months of their completion while it took a year or more for the Sync maps to show them. "Turn left at the stop sign" is a little confusing when there is no stop sigh and there a roundabout where it used to be and "Take the third exit" is more appropriate.

County opened another one a couple miles from here a couple weeks ago. Will see how quickly the Garmins (I have two) pick it up. Sync will show them in 2024 or 2025 only if I want to have my system reset and lose all my saved data. No question while there's a Garmin on top of my dash right over Sync.

-- Chuck
You should just use Android Auto and Google Maps.

Mr Big

Full Access Members
Reaction score
You should just use Android Auto and Google Maps.
I find any factory installed version of GPS maps, in any brand vehicle to be inferior to Google Maps when traveling. I've ran both at the same time and Google Maps wins every time, for mapping, topography, information, speed traps, accidents, etc.

Rob6805

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I find any factory installed version of GPS maps, in any brand vehicle to be inferior to Google Maps when traveling. I've ran both at the same time and Google Maps wins every time, for mapping, topography, information, speed traps, accidents, etc.
A big difference is that AA and Google Maps don't have access to specific vehicle information such as fuel level, and for EV's battery level (important to find a recharge station). Factory native Nav systems have many features and functions that AA and Google maps don't have. But I do agree that if we are specifically talking about maps and directions then AA and Google maps wins every time.

sixstring

Full Access Members
Reaction score
the one thing that i miss with android auto on is outside temp. i know it is just a finger touch away but id rather just glance.

I also dont like how android auto shows recent destinations when the map is on. oh and another thing i dont like about android auto is lack of speed limit signs when not actually navigating a route. oh and another thing i dont like about android auto is that if you are not navigating a route, you dont get the stop light icon on the map where you can judge where you are to intersections. i do like the spotify app with android auto.

the google maps on android auto really needs a lot of work.

lobsenza

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Are the downloads and updates free? I checked on my 2019 Navigator and I had to pay for updates now. They were free last time I checked. Where can I download updates from?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tifanydire