ford pass app

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

powerboatr

Full Access Members
Reaction score
anyone able to get it work and remote open the expy?
my truck sees it, but wont access any other neat stuff

jeff kushner

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Is that the app that they charge a premium for? I saw it listed but have zero interest in paying more for my truck then I have already agreed to pay! LOL

jeff

Bigbadbull

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Ford pass was a part of the Sync, you use it for the diagnostics reporting, along with the ability to prepay and find parking (no point here)

jeff kushner

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Looks like you can only unlock doors etc if you get the Optional package in addition to the Sync 3 many of us have?

FordPass - A Smarter Way To Move
https://www.fordpass.com/en_us/home.html
Imagine a smarter way to get where you're. ... The FordPassTM 1 app makes your on-the-go easier. ... With a 2017 Escape, Fusion, or F-150 equipped with optional SYNC® Connect3, you can unlock and start your vehicle or check your fuel level with just a tap.

Or maybe it just doesn't work for our Expys?

jeff

ExpeditionAndy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looks like you can only unlock doors etc if you get the Optional package in addition to the Sync 3 many of us have?

FordPass - A Smarter Way To Move
https://www.fordpass.com/en_us/home.html
Imagine a smarter way to get where you're. ... The FordPassTM 1 app makes your on-the-go easier. ... With a 2017 Escape, Fusion, or F-150 equipped with optional SYNC® Connect3, you can unlock and start your vehicle or check your fuel level with just a tap.

Or maybe it just doesn't work for our Expys?

jeff
I think I talked to @powerboatr about this. It was for the older Sync system before Sync 3 if I remember correctly. You can still make it work but there is about $400 in parts that have to be installed so your phone can lock, unlock, and start your truck from anywhere in the world as long as your truck has cell service.

07xln

Full Access Members
Reaction score
There are some parts that didn't come on the Expys that you need to make it work like a special antenna or something. Other than keeping track of mileage and using it to schedule service its pointless