FPDM location

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Korution661

Reaction score
I have a 2000 4.6l 4x4 and was wondering if I had a fdpm? And if I do where would it be at? I looked for it near the spare and did not see it ( was getting dark). Anyone know??

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
2000 expys don't have the fuel module near the spare. That started I believe in 2004 or 2005. Ford only used it till 2007 or 2008. Not one of their finest hours. What symptoms are you experiencing, you didn't state in your post.

Sent from my N9131 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Korution661

Korution661

Reaction score
I am experiencing, while driving, a sudden loss of power while on hwy after about 60mph.. My speed will decrease but my rpm's will be high. if I play with pedal a lil then it will sometimes pick speed back up. It also is noticeable while taking off on a complete stop. when driving around town it will rev high and take a long time to speed up. tried taking cat's off that didn't work. code reads egr valve and other lean codes cant think of right now but I've about given up on it as of now. I was told to check spark plugs so that is next on my to do list. Any thoughts??? by the way thanks for that info, I was thinking I was blind.

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Where to start! First thing I'd do is run a fuel pressure test. You might have a failing pump, or clogged line/ filter. The test should narrow down that. If you've got a egr problem, that could be contributing to lean codes. Are you doing work yourself! A full tune up definitely is a step in the right direction, however if you've got worn sparkplugs or a plugged air filter, it would run crappy all the time. The fact that your getting lean codes leads more to low fuel delivery, exaust leaks, intake leaks. These vehicles are famous for vacuum hose deteriation causing lean conditions. Let us know what you find.

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
That's what I thought, was a little unsure if it went beyond 2006! Thanks for the correction.

OP
OP
Korution661

Korution661

Reaction score
tune up was done about a year ago.. had bank one header put in new spark plugs and boots.. changed all fluids transmission, radiator flush, and oil. lean codes could be cuz of aftermarket intake...

Russell Lewis

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Sounds like a EGR problem. Similar issues on wife’s van P0401 does yours have a CEL or a pending code?