Front A/c Unit Not Working

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SN_1975

Reaction score
(1999 EDDIE BAUER EXPEDITION) For some reason on our way to EL Paso the front a/c unit stopped blowing cool air, but the rear a/c vents where blowing cool air. When I turn the a/c unit on, if its not going to work, I get extremely hot air through the vents, so I shut it down. I know it isn't the compressor or the coolant because it seems to work every other time. Do you have any idea what it is???? How can I repair this myself if possible???

bnvus

Full Access Members
Reaction score
You can verify if the compressor still works by bypassing the low pressure cut off switch mounted on in the receiver dryer. If it still works then you probably need freon. If it does not come on then more than likely the compressor seized up. That is a costly repair that shouyd only be accomplished by professionals. Good luck.

OP
OP
S

SN_1975

Reaction score
ExpyBoy- I think it does have to do with that because, now that I started to want to use the heat it is also not working. Do you have any tips on how to check to see if it's the blend door? I'm a do it yourself type of guy...