Front Camera Not working

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gmas15

Reaction score
So, of course, at 66k miles, our front camera and associated functionality stopped working the other day on our ‘19 platinum. Pushing the camera button does nothing. Reverse camera works fine. I checked the fuse for the camera and it’s fine. Any known issues? Or any thoughts on how to diagnose before bringing it in? Personally, I didn’t use it much, but my wife uses it all the time when she drives the car. Funnily enough, adaptive cruise works fine, not sure if that utilizes the camera or just uses radar? Thanks for any advice.

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Front camera will only come on at low speed, and while in drive.

OP
OP
G

Gmas15

Reaction score
It's not user error. Camera is just not turning on when the button is pressed.

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
It's not user error. Camera is just not turning on when the button is pressed.
10-4. Any error message? Ding? Have you rebooted Sync/APIM? If not, press and hold the Power Button, and Next Track, until screen goes black. Once it is back up, do it again, then test the Camera. Do this EVEN if the Truck has been turned off. Next Step is to disconnect the battery, and leave it disconnected for 5+ minutes.

If it still does not work, do you have FORSCAN, or access to a code scanner that does MSCan? A basic scanner from Advance will not do that. You will need the Ford specific codes most likely for the BCM, and APIM.

OP
OP
G

Gmas15

Reaction score
Loki - thanks so much for this reply. Rebooting didn't fix. It's there a forscan tool you recommend? As my expy starts getting up there, want to get one. Thanks

OP
OP
G

Gmas15

Reaction score
Just to update: got a forscan scanner. Found the issue - there was a DTC from the ICMB module - cleared the code - no effect. Then reflashed the ICMB module, which fixed the problem. Maybe got lucky this time :).