front suspension question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jacks3am

Full Access Members
Reaction score
ok, my expy had air ride in the past, when we bought it, the guy said that he had replaced the airbags with springs. i just dont understand this but i bought rancho shocks for the front since the original air ride shocks were on there and they needed to be replaced. we got them, went to a shop too have them put on, and they told us they were too short. I ordered the shocks for the standard suspension since the front has torsion bars because i assumed it was ready for ready shocks. so we ended up with 98' rear mustang shocks that are monroe sensatracks. is this ok? its a car shock and the shock is for the rear? not for the front of a 4800 pound expedition, it seems ok but i really wanted ranchos so im bummed. do any of you guys think that theyll last at all?? sorry really long question haha, and any advice to make the expy less all over the place? any imput at all apprecieated, and one more question, do you think that the parts shop just gave us the wrong shock? thanks for input

nvycrmn

Full Access Members
Reaction score
well if you have the shocks of your mustang on there, they probably wont last that long. its wierd the rancho didnt fit. i run rancho shocks on my expy with my lift kit and i never really have a problem when i order more. i just tell them 01 expedition with 4" rancho lift. done deal.

OP
OP
jacks3am

jacks3am

Full Access Members
Reaction score
yeahh thats what i was thinking why wouldnt they fit? but i had the rancho in my hand and compaired it to the monroe off the mustang and it looked shorter then the monroe so what ever. i still got new shocks lol thanks

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AustinTillery