Rear air suspension deleted question .

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

terr5178

Reaction score
2007 expedition, air suspension removed and installed coil over shocks. Message center says check air suspension. Ride height switches remain and wired up. If the shocks were replaced Should the truck read a fault automatically or should that go away since ride height is correct or do I have to disconnect ride hight switches or is there something wrong with the switch?
Schematics show the ride height switches send back a signal to ride height module so I'm thinking ride height switches are bad. Is there a way to trick the ride module other than scan tool to change computer settings?
Just a little annoying seeing that message pop up and have to hit reset all the time. Turning off ride suspension just send out new message say suspension off which also needs reset jit every time.

Frank Wilson

Full Access Members
Reaction score
you could contact Arnott and see if they will sell the bypass module separately.
The ride height sensors can go bad. With and obd reader and forscan lite on your phone, you can check the resistance values of the sensors to make sure they are at the correct value or need adjusting.

OP
OP
T

terr5178

Reaction score
Arnold doesn't offer them without the entire kit

OP
OP
T

terr5178

Reaction score
Does anyone know the signal voltage needed to satisfy the signal legs of the ride control module.??
I believe ride height sensor input is 5v . Optimal signal voltage to satisfy ride module is what I'm surching for. Ty
If I get the specs correct I'll post my resolution for an easy fix to the check air ride message.

Frank Wilson

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Does anyone know the signal voltage needed to satisfy the signal legs of the ride control module.??
I believe ride height sensor input is 5v . Optimal signal voltage to satisfy ride module is what I'm surching for. Ty
If I get the specs correct I'll post my resolution for an easy fix to the check air ride message.
I believe 2.6 - 2.8 . I'll check it when I drive her later.

Frank Wilson

Full Access Members
Reaction score
When the height sensor hits 3.02 v, the solenoids command air. 2.3 v looks to be the base for the solenoid to dump air.
I'd adjust them to 2.5 - 2.6 v