Fuel Filter 02

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Highlander3

Reaction score
Hey Guys -New Here
Need to change my fuel filter on an 02. Is that a simple change, and do I need the fuel line tool? Thanks

Tigster

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I took mine to a oil change place, I paid 45 bucks and they did it.

Racenut

Full Access Members
Reaction score
It is really easy to do and just takes a couple of minutes to finish.

Location - Drivers side in front of tank ( basically right where the front and rear doors meet roughly)

Tools - Standard screwdriver to get the clips off and also a plastic fuel line tool.

Fuel line tool can be purchased at your local parts store for around $5 and the filter is around $10.

CAUTION: FUEL IS UNDER PRESSURE AND SOME WILL COME OUT - WATCH YOUR EYES!

Once you have located the fuel filter, remove the two metal clips that are on the fuel line. After removing the clips position the special fuel line tool over the fuel line and slide it into the end of the filter fiting. Push the tool in while moving the line itself untill it comes loose then repeat on the other side.

Position the new filter in place and push the fuel lines into it until you feel them "click" replace the metal clips by pushing them back onto the fuel line and you are done.

5-10 Min. max and you are done.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
r98exp1