Fuel Issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chrisdecker0331

Reaction score
Hello!!

I have a 2021 Ford Expedition Max Limited. I went to fuel up today and noticed the pump clicked and stopped which normally means the tank is full.. However when I started the engine it was only at 3/4 the way so I tried again and sure enough it clicked and stopped I had a car that did that and normally you just would keep going but the fuel was actually coming back up out of the fuel fill port. Curious what would be causing this... Would it be clogged evap?

5280tunage

Full Access Members
Reaction score
And also be very careful. Unfortunately, Ford didn't put any warning labels in the fuel filler door to warn you never to overfill. That is, every vehicle I've ever owned, you run till it clicks, wait 8 seconds, go again till it clicks. Mine literally started backfiring when I would do this. I've since learned through experience and feedback on this forum, these are different. DO NOT OVERFILL. I used to have cars with exhaust injectors for the track, this backfire was louder than that!