fuel pumps

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

toms89

technical advisor
Reaction score
will the f-150 lighting fuel pump fit in our expys....sender and all

The lightnings fuel pump assembly has dual pumps and it is a return style system. (Same as 1st gen expys) It will physically fit but would require rewiring. The lightnings pcm only run both pumps at full power when its in boost as I understand it. The only way to do it with the expy is to run both pumps parallel, full power at all times.

Why would you want to??

Going to a larger pump than needed just makes the fuel pressure regulator and pump work harder than necessary. Its possible it will also raise your fuel pressure if the volume is too high for the stock regulator and may cause issues. If you had an adjustable regulator you could dial it back down but what is the point?!?

Fuel pumps are sized based on fuel needs and generally have a decent buffer.

I would only consider upgrading if you plan on some serious mods, power adder, nitrous, etc.... Then it should be sized appropriately.

Last edited:
OP
OP
BakerEdition

BakerEdition

EF Chaplain
Reaction score
Thanks Tom....was wondering if I would get a answer on any of my posts...Had a guy come out today and he had a lap top hooked to the ODBII port...I thought I was having a fuel pump issue and it ends up being a bad TPS...at idle its reading 19 and should be zero...he said that would cause my intermittent crank no start...my gas mileage went in the toilet too...also I have a sluggish cold air intake sensor...was 32 degrees outside but reading 23 degrees on the laptop. Also wont heat past 180 degrees...since the truck came from California, he said they might have a lower temp t-stat...so he said should be a 192 degree to run properly....does any of this sound logical?

jglopic

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Bad TPS will definitely kill mpg's. Not sure about the crank no start, but I guess it is possible. I wouldn't think the 180 vs 192 deg idle temp would make much difference, but it might not hurt to change the t-stat (not sure how difficult a job that is).

Good luck!

rburch

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Bad TPS will definitely kill mpg's. Not sure about the crank no start, but I guess it is possible. I wouldn't think the 180 vs 192 deg idle temp would make much difference, but it might not hurt to change the t-stat (not sure how difficult a job that is).

Good luck!

If its reading 19 the computer would read that it is W.O.T and keep the truck from starting.