Full AV install, 99 Expo

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

oblivion

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Hi all, thought I would give an update here to anyone who hasnt seen my thread on f150online.
System list ( dont like to give model numbers)
Double Din Nav headunit with backup camera and 2-zone
6.75" components upfront
5.25 components in rear
4-10" 500W Rms subs in custom side panel enclosures with integrated amp racks
1-1500W mono amp
1-850W 4ch amp
2F cap
3 kinetik batteries
Fully sheilded RCA's
4 runs of 0g power wire (2 power, 2 ground)
200 sq/f sound deadening
2-7" Headrest monitors

So as of right now the headunit, backup camera, sound deadening in the doors and tailgate all have 3 layers, front and rear speakers are in and power wire and RCAs have been run. I have begun the build on the enclosure/amp rack and am at the stage now where I need to carpet them hppefully tomorrow.

Oh and there will be a 3" port directly above the subs, and if anyones wondering the enclosures are just a hair shy of 1.5cb/f each I could have gotten more but didnt need it for the subs I chose.

Either way heres a few pics.

IMG_0168.jpg
IMG_0166.jpg
IMG_0165.jpg
IMG_0261.jpg

Last edited:

jered22

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Damn that is clean. Great job on the rear boxes. I am going to be attemping my install probably next week. Pioneer AVH-P8400bh with 4 rear monitors and am pretty terrified about blowing something up. Should be interesting.

Captain Morgan

Full Access Members
Reaction score
. . . if you can't make them confess, just strap them in between those two boxes and crank it up

Nice work on the shaping, are you going to use some rubber or silicon matt between the wood and the plastic side panels?

OP
OP
oblivion

oblivion

Full Access Members
Reaction score
jered22, measure measure measure lol I think I measured and sized the headrest monitor 5 or 6 times before i cut anything. Its actually alot easier than you think.

Capitan M, yeah I have 1/2" foam tape that will be put on the perimeter of the the whole box, both sides then the carpet overtop. theres still some places I need to fill in first before that happens so that it is a consistant 3/8" gap around.

OP
OP
oblivion

oblivion

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Shooooot, hit a delay. Was ready to carpet last night and cut the port holes BUT the ports I have are way to large (4") I need 3" ports so ordered them up (should be here later this week) and now I have to wait to cut the right size hole when they are here. Dangit. Oh well, time to go run some wire, there is 4 spools of it lol