Full Size (18") Spare

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

spolidm

Reaction score
My 2007 Expedition came with a 18" rims, but a 17" spare. I've had flat tires on my last 2 trips leaving me stuck in Canada and Yellowstone hauling trailers with 2 different sized tires - BAD NEWS.

The only 18" rims I can find of 2007 Expeditions are the chrome rims. Can I get a steel 18" rim from a different vehicle to use as a spare? For example, can I pull the spare rim off of a F150?

Any other options that anyone can think of?

Thanks!

LightningExpo

Full Access Members
Reaction score
as long as you can find the same lug pattern you should be fine, along with a similar size tire.

davesexplorer

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The new body style F150, 2004+, is also 6x135 bolt pattern and will work on your expedition. Just try to keep the overall diameter/tire sizes the same.

Boomer

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Full size spare

Well 32000 miles, most of my own work, yes rotate my own tires, never noticed the 17" under there.

I have a 07 EL limited. The four on the corners are 255's. The spare is a 17" but a 265, think this makes it closer to the same diameter, so no safety issue, or just FMC being cheap? Also read my thread about seat tracks.

WOW, just read car & driver magazine page 26 how to read a tire sidewall. The 255 or 265 is width across the widest part of the tire. It has nothing to do with diameter, like I thought. I think bottom line is FMC are bums for not telling owners. You understand compact spares and live with them.
Live and learn, and thanks to this forum for bringing this safety issue to the front.

Last edited: