Funny first gen exhaust

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

trdragons44

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I took my uncles truck down to winner ford today. He borrowed my truck and called me frantically saying there was something wrong with my truck. Low and behold the exhaust separated before the muffler.
IMG_0514.jpg

Check your exhaust clamps they like to rust apart and fall off.

OP
OP
T

trdragons44

Full Access Members
Reaction score
i havent driven it yet took the picture when i got home. Driving it tomorrow. Ill record an in cab noise level. Anyone reccomend a good low noise factory replacement if it has fallen apart inside.

OP
OP
T

trdragons44

Full Access Members
Reaction score
my dad had a 40 on his truck and it was way too loud for my truck. im looking for a low noise almost like factory but more flow.

walnuts4x4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
search youtube.com tons of vids of different exhausts on expys and f150s... maybe check out the 50 SUV sereis or even the 70s... dynomax might be another choice for you

OP
OP
T

trdragons44

Full Access Members
Reaction score
all right no video guys camera sucks at taking noises down. but i went with a dynomax 17733 just had it welded in place of original.
IMG_0515.jpg

smo0othride

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Although many aftermarket exhaust company's claim to add horsepower, mostly an aftermarket exhaust will only affect the sound. Even if you do manage a gain any hp, it would only be on the high end of acceleration, and in return you lose some low end acceleration.