Gap in rear wheel well between liner and body

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

James Mitch

Reaction score
Just purchsed a 2019 Expedition Max. I noticed in the rear wheel well the liner does not completely meet the body in the lower front leaving a gap that water, salt, snow could good in. Anyone else??

16plati

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Just purchsed a 2019 Expedition Max. I noticed in the rear wheel well the liner does not completely meet the body in the lower front leaving a gap that water, salt, snow could good in. Anyone else??
Got any pics?

benyl

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Yup. ****** in the winter.

9647baac4e1c9c586917d18f12be10c4.jpg
97aa270a8553d2af30e6172c46d3f9c7.jpg
6a80961fe3250ae04f3d26a7ef9945ac.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Beckta10

Reaction score
That sucks! These are expensive vehicles and it really ****** me off that Ford allowed simple things like this to go. It will ultimately rust out and the value of the vehicle will diminish. My 2017 already has rust in a few spots. Two of them appear to be from damage but both the second row passenger doors are already stating to bubble where the metal was wrapped around the door. It’s a bad design and they keep using it. I also noticed the same design used on the explorers.

benyl

Full Access Members
Reaction score
That sucks! These are expensive vehicles and it really ****** me off that Ford allowed simple things like this to go. It will ultimately rust out and the value of the vehicle will diminish. My 2017 already has rust in a few spots. Two of them appear to be from damage but both the second row passenger doors are already stating to bubble where the metal was wrapped around the door. It’s a bad design and they keep using it. I also noticed the same design used on the explorers.

Aluminum body. Rust is less of an issue.

Beckta10

Reaction score
I get that in theory aluminum doesn’t rust, but Ford has already proven they can mess that one up. It’s also no excuse for a design that catches dirt, water, salt, etc.