Gas...Or no Gas?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Nasanieru

Nasanieru

Reaction score
Ok, thanks for the help. Have to wait for some money so that I can rent the pressure gauge. I will post the numbers when I get them. On a side note, Yesterday I had the oil changed on the tuck and the shop used 5W-20 instead of 5W-30 that I normally use. I noticed a big difference in the way the truck sounds and even turns over. It doesn't take as long as it used too, still longer then normal but a little quicker. Thought it was weird...so I mentioned it.

Thanks Guys...

FordandPolaris

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Ok, thanks for the help. Have to wait for some money so that I can rent the pressure gauge. I will post the numbers when I get them. On a side note, Yesterday I had the oil changed on the tuck and the shop used 5W-20 instead of 5W-30 that I normally use. I noticed a big difference in the way the truck sounds and even turns over. It doesn't take as long as it used too, still longer then normal but a little quicker. Thought it was weird...so I mentioned it.

Thanks Guys...

Well the oil is slightly thinner at summer temps (20 over 30). Come winter time, it should feel the same (5W, the W stands for winter from what I understand). Did you ask for 5W-20 or did they just put it in there? I run 10W-30 year round, so its not a bad thing, I am just curious.

daye190

Reaction score
it sounds like a bad check valve in your fuel pump that holds the gas in the line from flowing back in to the tank this will usually happen when sitting over night, just rent free a fuel pump tester at any major auto parts , and order your fuel pump online , and always maintain your tank with a 1/4 or 1/2 tank full and it will prolong the life of the fuel pump, hope this helps.

JUST4FUN

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Look on the fuel rail on the passenger side of the truck . Your looking for a small silver canaster on the rail it has a vaccume hose on it take it off check for a gas smell from line . yes replace regulater. no smell, start engine check for vaccume