Gas smell in cab

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Pedition2000

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have a buddy that drives a '06 f-150 with 120k miles. It's running rough, has a gas/exhaust smell in the cab, and a small rattle. I told him I thought it was the catalytic converter. The dealer checked the coil packs and they were good, changed the fuel pump and filters and it didn't help at all. He said it threw codes and I'm waiting for him to respond so I can look up the codes. What do you all think?

BTW I posted this in the'06 forum and have got nothing.....that forum seems awful dead.

Thanks.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

toms89

technical advisor
Reaction score
Fuel leak waiting for an ignition source?!

Injector stuck open ready to hydraulic motor?!

First two thoughts that come to mind...

Codes would help greatly to diagnose...

B

bedrck46

so why do people post the same question in different sections of this expedition forum or is it that they are seeking different responses or is it that they don't know that all post appear in the same forum plus this one isn't about expedition nor is it a 1st gen

now being you got one response in this post does that make it more alive than the other post which you posted less than 2 hours after you posted the other same question

Why be so impatience Its a Sunday and most likely people have been enjoying the day and not on the forum

And if your waiting for him to get back to you with the codes than WAIT as your just guessing at the moment

Its not the forum that dead its questions like this that people avoid

toms89

technical advisor
Reaction score
Ruptured diaphragm in fuel pressure regulator leaking fuel into the intake via vacuum line??

toms89

technical advisor
Reaction score
so why do people post the same question in different sections of this expedition forum or is it that they are seeking different responses or is it that they don't know that all post appear in the same forum plus this one isn't about expedition nor is it a 1st gen

now being you got one response in this post does that make it more alive than the other post which you posted less than 2 hours after you posted the other same question

Why be so impatience Its a Sunday and most likely people have been enjoying the day and not on the forum

And if your waiting for him to get back to you with the codes than WAIT as your just guessing at the moment

I notice this is your pet peeve bedrck.. lol.

toms89

technical advisor
Reaction score
Hmmmm..

Should I assume the dealer made sure no plugs have partially launched since they checked the coils??

toms89

technical advisor
Reaction score
Scratch last post. Plugs don't launch with the 3v motors. Thinking 2v because it was in 1st gen section.

bedrck.. :cheers:

OP
OP
Pedition2000

Pedition2000

Full Access Members
Reaction score

You are the same ****** who commented on my other forum. Since your input to me is always less than helpful just keep your advice and opinions to my questions to yourself.

OP
OP
Pedition2000

Pedition2000

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I looked through the forums and saw nothing about this...I'm not a search expert either, am human, and some can just stay away from my posts since to date their input hasn't been helpful! To others thanks for chiming in.