GMs folding second row

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dlcorbett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
i believe it was vipersinu who made a big deal(and video) about the new gm second row folding mechanism and how it prevents the headrest from hitting the monitors. Well according to the video below, it looks like gm couldnt firgure it out fully either.

OP
OP
dlcorbett

dlcorbett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I believe its the same size, the slimmer horizontal headlights give the allusion of a smaller grill.

Vipersinu2

Full Access Members
Reaction score
It clearly worked at 4:08 in the video.

It looks like he made a mistake at 4:40.

This is fake news.

The Navigator will always smash the headrest!
Where at least the GM headrest does fold to try and prevent a colision.

OP
OP
dlcorbett

dlcorbett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
You can fold the headrest manually in the navigator cant you? I could with my expy when i had it.

Vipersinu2

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Sure you can fold the headrest manually at the headrest by pressing the button on the headrest.

That is so stupid that you have to walk to the side door press the buttons on the each headrest, then walk to the back hatch to press the buttons to fold the seats down.

Plainly ford screwed it.
At least the Caddy has automatic 2nd row folding headrest.

Again watch my short video

OP
OP
dlcorbett

dlcorbett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Why do you need to fold the seat down in the hatch, theres a button on the c-pillar to fold them(latch on the top of the seat). The seats from ford and gm are both very similar, but just like you said about manually folding the headrest in the ford, you have to manully move the seat back in the gm to prevent it from hitting the monitor.

bushpilot

Full Access Members
Reaction score
It clearly worked at 4:08 in the video.

It looks like he made a mistake at 4:40.

This is fake news.

The Navigator will always smash the headrest!
Where at least the GM headrest does fold to try and prevent a colision.

I dont know why you dont own the caddy or something other than the navi/expy - you hate everything about it.

Artie

Full Access Members
Reaction score
FWIW I’ve never had this happen in my Navigator. Clearly I am coming from a place of short privilege where my front seats don’t have to sit all the way back.