Good Idea or Bad Idea?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Big Red Monster

Full Access Members
Reaction score
theyd look badass and i want them too for my truck but I think drilling into the roof is a bad idea. either ull get water inside the cab or rust will start first where u drilled, thats why im not doing it on my truck

Blueoval76

Reaction score
I would love to have them too!! However its a bit much labor for me to tackle. If I was gonna do it I would drill my holes, POR15 the areas, bolt down, and clear silicone from the underside. Those are the steps I would take if I was gonna do them. I am a firm believer in POR15 and used it on my rsurface rusted hitch and front tow hooks. I have used it a few times on parts on my Torino and the stuff works and looks awesome!

thebeast1190

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have the moon visor and love the truck look you get with the lights. I had it installed. I don't remember how much but it wasn't expensive if you want to have someone do it.

panda24619

Full Access Members
Reaction score
i LOVE the look of the visor! i want one sooo bad. with the lights too. its a good idea, but... youll have to remove your head liner. drill, paint the area that are now bare metal so they dont rust. just use touch up paint. itll be fine. or nail polish. then when you put the lights on use silicone under them to make an air tight seal. you should be good to go from there.

walnuts4x4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've thought about it for a year or so... but I'm with ya... don't know about drilling....

OP
OP
NC-Expy

NC-Expy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I've thought about it for a year or so... but I'm with ya... don't know about drilling....

Same reason why I haven't done the door handle LED's yet... lol, even if the install goes clean, which I'm sure it will, I feel funny inside while drilling into the body of my truck.

Soldier777

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have drilled in to my bumper doesnt bug me. If you just take your time get the right sealers and check it more than once a year to make sure its still sealed you will be fine.