Good Spark Plugs?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
What kind of plugs do you guys recommend. I figure that by the time you wrestle with the back plug on the passenger side, you might as well put in whatever people feel is the best for it.

I have heard that the Bosch Iridium and Platinum+4 are generally not any better than an NGK, or Motorcraft, but do not go with Autolite. Any opinions here?

OP
OP
J
Reaction score
Anyone notice a difference between the platinum and iridium (mpg, lasting longer, etc)? i have read the marketing, but I wonder with the Expy if it is a real difference or not...

green03

Full Access Members
Reaction score
if you run a palatinum plug run the stock ford plugs. I've had bad luck with the bosch plugs coming apart and the center electrode dropping out.....

OP
OP
J
Reaction score
Now THAT is the kind of information I was looking for! Either go to Ford or get Iridium. THANKS!!

Iridium For $8 each ($64) or about $50 for the double platinum plugs from Ford. I think Iridium is worth the extra couple bucks based on that suggestion.

Buck Nasty

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I've never had issues with Bosch Platinum plugs. I'm currently using the Platinum Plus in my 4.6L Ex. No issues...yet! $8 for a spark plug....F that!

green03

Full Access Members
Reaction score
had issues with the bosch on my chevy and my mustang haven't put them in the expedition because of that..... all the same design from bosch....

trdragons44

Full Access Members
Reaction score
i put in bosch platnium plus 2's in my expy like a 1000 miles ago and no prob.

mustangswan

Reaction score
I have changed a lot of plugs because of misfire issues and seen alot of problems with the Bosch. I recommend Ford plugs and might cost a few bucks more but changed out at around 100k should last longer than the motor and is better than having a problem when you really dont need one. Just my 2 cents worth.

trdragons44

Full Access Members
Reaction score
yea before i had changed my plugs i had ford stock plugs and yea there great i had 170,000 on mine but the only reason i went to the bosch was i got them as a gift so they were free :)