Hail Damage

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Michael A

Reaction score
I'm so lucky, Not! New 19 MAX Platinum caught in a hail storm on a trip. Lots of damage to the top and hood. A few on the side. Anyone have experience with this and aluminum? Are the front fenders, hood, and top aluminum? Thanks.

Uturn

Full Access Members
Reaction score
There is a previous post relating to this topic. It appears that the alloy used responds well to PDR.

ktscrapin

Reaction score
I'm so lucky, Not! New 19 MAX Platinum caught in a hail storm on a trip. Lots of damage to the top and hood. A few on the side. Anyone have experience with this and aluminum? Are the front fenders, hood, and top aluminum? Thanks.

Happened to us too. Owned my 2018 1 year to the day and got stuck in golf ball sized hail on vacation. Made me sick to my stomach. Just got the shop quote done last week. They will be doing most of it with PDR... just getting a new hood since there are so many dings, along with some new trim pieces along top of doors and all new chrome trim. Was especially worried about them having to replace entire top, but since we had the panoramic sunroof, the PDR is going to work up there too.

aggiegrad05

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Happened to us too. Owned my 2018 1 year to the day and got stuck in golf ball sized hail on vacation. Made me sick to my stomach. Just got the shop quote done last week. They will be doing most of it with PDR... just getting a new hood since there are so many dings, along with some new trim pieces along top of doors and all new chrome trim. Was especially worried about them having to replace entire top, but since we had the panoramic sunroof, the PDR is going to work up there too.

Can you tell me how much it is going to cost for the new hood?

A tree fell on mine on vacation a few months ago and I’ve got two nasty dents with associated paint damage (I started the other thread on this matter after that fun happening). I am just curious what it’ll cost to replace the hood rather than trying to have them paint match the Platinum Tri-Coat. Just haven’t had the chance to take it in for an estimate.

Thanks!