Hands Free Foot Activated Liftgate

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

carman1

Reaction score
Hello, I'm looking to order a 2023 ford expedition limited trim and the default selection adds a $0 charge for what appears to be the removal of this feature. The specific entry is - Hands-Free, Foot-Activated Feature Removal

Does anyone know if ford has decided to discontinue this feature on new models? Otherwise, i can't determine why this shows up as a line item in my order.

Thanks.

2020FordRaptor

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Hello, I'm looking to order a 2023 ford expedition limited trim and the default selection adds a $0 charge for what appears to be the removal of this feature. The specific entry is - Hands-Free, Foot-Activated Feature Removal

Does anyone know if ford has decided to discontinue this feature on new models? Otherwise, i can't determine why this shows up as a line item in my order.

Thanks.
It's a delete so it's not discontinued and will return once the chip shortage is gone.

Going_Going_Gone

Full Access Members
Reaction score
It's a well-intentioned feature that works better on a lot of other Ford products than it does on the Expeditions. I rarely had success with it on mine. It is less work to set my package down and press the lift gate open button or use the remote, but my sister had two Escapes where one kick was all it would take to open the lift gates.