Happy to be part of Expy site

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gonemad

Reaction score
Hey guys just getting the newb stuff out of the way. Im on several mustang forums and just started to do some nice mods to my expy so figured I better join in on the fun over here.

I have a 97 5.4 4wd EB Expy. I just completed long tubes and full exhuast on it. Love the sound and my new 93 octane tune will be here tomorrow for the xcal 3. Gonna take it to the track in a couple days to see how much she picks up (yeah im the 1% that beats on his expy) Has a basline of a paltry 17.67 @75mph lol. I only take it on grudge nights for fun, I mainly tow and use it for camping trips so mpg and low end runt were a concern. Reason to take it down the strip is why the heck not!.

expy1.jpg

pic of the exhaust I just put on.

img20130423193944.jpg

Last edited:

toms89

technical advisor
Reaction score
:welcome:

Gonna take it to the track in a couple days to see how much she picks up (yeah im the 1% that beats on his expy) Reason to take it down the strip is why the heck not!.

I can see we will get along great!! LOL

Last edited:

toms89

technical advisor
Reaction score
Stainless headers... Do you have part # ?

Did they bolt on with no clearance issues??

OP
OP
gonemad

gonemad

Reaction score
Stainless headers... Do you have part # ?

Did they bolt on with no clearance issues??

They are OBX headers for a Lightning (i assume, I took an ebay chance) yes they bolted up no clearance issues. You have to have some welding and moderate fab skills to make it all work. I had to cut and modify the crossover to fit around the transfer case, but it came out nice. Everything is tucked up, and not rubbing on anything. You do have to remove the heat shields that cover the front cats (nbd the long tubes will NEVER get nearly as hot). There are a lot of other idiosyncrecies that poped up over the install, but its not all that bad. PM sometime if you are doing it soon. Its all stainless from the cylinder head to the 4" tip and would be surprised how little $$ I have in it. From the headers back is all Magnaflow parts.

Been drivng the truck about a week and I'm super impressed with the "cheap" and "junk" headers.

MoHawk

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I want headers. LOL. Damn this site for feeding my addiction, And welcome

alaskanexpy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
looks great! your not the only one to take your truck to the track. hell i've ran my V10 excursion before. 17.07 sec at 79.36 mph. not bad for a house sized truck lol

loving your exhaust! looks amazing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ccky