has anyone ever tried to.....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

callee11

Full Access Members
Reaction score
convert the old 5 lug bolt pattern to the newer 6 lug? im just curious cause I want to upgrade my wheels soon and theres not a wide range of wheels to fit the older 5 lugs.... plus 6 lugs is better than 5 lol... I know changing front hubs and rear axles would need to be done but just throwing it out there to see if anyone has ever attempted this before

tonydiv

technical advisor
Reaction score
You could order custom rear axle shafts however you want them, so no problem there. It's the front hubs would be a problem. The later generation trucks used IWE's (integraged wheel ends) and I don't think you could just swap your out for those.

You may want to go to a good auto parts store and aske them to pull out one of each of the front hubs and see what the differences are between them.

walnuts4x4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
yeah adapters.... theres a 5 lug 2wd expy on f150forum.com that now has 6 x 135 rims

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
adapters easiest and cheapest...i know there are a lot of options for 5 lugs and cheaper unless youre looking at lifting...

OP
OP
callee11

callee11

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Hell I forgot all about adapters.... leave it to me to make things harder than they need to be lol :mfr_closed1:

SourMashII

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Last edited:

Thermo

technical advisor
Reaction score
I've seen a 7 lug expy. They swapped out the parts from an F-250LD truck and put it on their Expy. Looked a little different, but for the most part, most people probably wouldn't know the difference.

panda24619

Full Access Members
Reaction score
in this video on youtube talking about the expy, it was some old show, like on speed when a new car comes out and they test drive it. anyways, it showed the rear brakes and 7 lugs?? huh?! weird. but adaptors would be your easiest way. but.... i have seen somewhere where some guy pulled the hubs off a dodge 1500 and with a little work they mount up. so you can have the 5x5.5? lug pattern. is that right? either way less work.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
the_plugger