Has anyone installed these headlights?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

X.handyman89.X

Full Access Members
Reaction score
ford-expedition-2007-2008-2009-2010-2011-projector-halo-headlights-black3.jpg

07-08-09-ford-expedition-ccfl-halo-led-projector-headlights-1-600x450.jpg

Night time. I couldnt find one of tail lights :(

Cheapest ones ive seen is the ones jared22 found on ebay.

OP
OP
J

jered22

Full Access Members
Reaction score
So I am confused. My wife has a 2012 Explorer and she has the projector style headligths. Are these like those? Or are they like standard head lights that I have now just cooler looking? I would seriously consider these if they would give me the same look hers does at night. Sorry guys and girls I am not clear on the style when you guys refer to them as Halos... Is that because when they are on they look like Halos? I must be getting to old...

dariod

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have them on my 2011 black Expo. I got set for $90 new because the guy that got it never put them on so he sold them cheap to me and I decided to try them for $90. I run hid with ballast in headlight AND fog lights so brightness is not a problem :) i like the look better then OEM

dariod

Full Access Members
Reaction score
So I am confused. My wife has a 2012 Explorer and she has the projector style headligths. Are these like those? Or are they like standard head lights that I have now just cooler looking? I would seriously consider these if they would give me the same look hers does at night. Sorry guys and girls I am not clear on the style when you guys refer to them as Halos... Is that because when they are on they look like Halos? I must be getting to old...

2012 explorer comes standard with projector headlights. It is new body style for Explorer and probably when new body style expedition comes out (2014??) it will have projectors. These are not as high quality as factory ones but they do their work. Halos are "Rings" that light up like in Bmw. I personLly hate those and have turned that option off because it looks "riced" out.

dariod

Full Access Members
Reaction score
here is a picture

2011 Expedition EL Limited with 6000K hid in headlights and 3000K hid in foglights

Attachments

• IMG_0689.jpg
    IMG_0689.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 342
OP
OP
J

jered22

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Thanks Daroid.... I like the looks much better than stock. I am also not a fan of the Halo look. I think I will be purchasing them. I also want to change my front grill to the color match black. I currently have the chrome one. Local body shop said they could paint it with a special bonding paint that house of color has come out with but they had not used it yet so they could not guarantee it would stick???/ Any ideas on that. I would rather pay the $75 to paint what I have rather than the $350 to order a new grill and have that painted.

dariod

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Thanks Daroid.... I like the looks much better than stock. I am also not a fan of the Halo look. I think I will be purchasing them. I also want to change my front grill to the color match black. I currently have the chrome one. Local body shop said they could paint it with a special bonding paint that house of color has come out with but they had not used it yet so they could not guarantee it would stick???/ Any ideas on that. I would rather pay the $75 to paint what I have rather than the $350 to order a new grill and have that painted.

I got my grille from Ebay for $90 shipped. It was factory painted grille from another expo. What color is your truck?? Keep checking ebay sometimes they pop out and its much cheaper option then painting plus its factory paint so it matches perfectly.