Haynes or Chilton?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Looking to get a repair manual. What do you guys prefer/use? Chilton or Haynes or something else?

Also I notice there is a 97-02, 97-03, or 97-09. Which do you suggest? Seems like 97-09 is a big time span and a lot of changes to the vehicle between those years obviously.

(I have a 2001 EB Edition)

Lane24

technical advisor
Reaction score
Once I discovered forums, I never bought another Haynes manual. I get all my info on the net.... But if you are getting one, I'd suggest the narrowest time span. The 97-02 or 03 is probably the best bet.

OP
OP
M
Reaction score
I'm really new to working on cars so a lot of the information/terms on here are over my head. I'm trying to get a better basic knowledge... pretty much just tired of getting ***** at the auto shops. Thanks for the suggestion though.

DR3W

Full Access Members
Reaction score
My Haynes manual is great. Some things aren't exact but it's a great book to own. I love mine! It's got grease all over it!!!

VexedEX

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Ive been told Haynes is better but I have Chilton and it seem ls to be fine for me.

robbieg

Full Access Members
Reaction score

+1, its hard to beat all data. I used to get a Chiltons manual for all my vehicles (and I have one for the Expedition) but ever since alldata came along I never use the books anymore they just sit on the shelf. Alldata is always up to date, gives you TSB's and recall's and you can search instead of thumbing through the book. You can print what you need and take it out to the garage or use a laptop and take it with you.

Thermo

technical advisor
Reaction score
I use a Haynes manual, but then, I also have a copy of the Ford Service CDs too that I get a lot of information out of.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waleedalmadani