Heated/cooled seats not working

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Matt-man

Reaction score
As stated, neither of my front seats work in either heating or cooling in my 2003 EB. Fuses check good, not sure where to check next. I think I remember something about the module "losing memory"? Nothing lights up at the buttons or does pushing them even make an attempt to do something. Really only care about having the cooled function, but both would be nice

Gary Waugh

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The main seat control module is located underneath the front passenger seat, they are well known to have issues with a burnt out power pin where the main connector connects to the module. I would start by checking the connector first. There are a load of videos on the internet showing this issue. If it is the connector then it needs to be replaced which is a PITA as you have to replace the connector and reconnect about 25 wires to the new connector..

mbtech2003

Full Access Members
Reaction score
As stated, neither of my front seats work in either heating or cooling in my 2003 EB. Fuses check good, not sure where to check next. I think I remember something about the module "losing memory"? Nothing lights up at the buttons or does pushing them even make an attempt to do something. Really only care about having the cooled function, but both would be nice
Second the burnt line. Did that in my wife’s 2010. Get a connector kit from ford. Easy to fix then. My module was burnt up too

Anina WPT928 Wiring Kit Heated/Cooled Seat Module Connector Wire Assembly for 2003-2019 Ford F150 F250 Explorer Mustang Fusion Lincoln MKS Mercury Milan 12 Leads Wiring Harness 3U2Z-14S411-ZMB WPT-928 https://a.co/d/gRtX3FO

peeteri

Reaction score
Not sure, are Navigator and Expy similar, but my 2003 Navi both CSM lost firmware. There is two options how to fix-easiest is to update firmware with VCM2+IDS, second is to desolder flash rom from PCB and program with programmer.

Tmahr

Reaction score
Hey...I have a 2014 Ford Expedition. I have replaced the heated seat module twice. Does anyone know the cause of the issue?